Sandra Cooney’s Homecare Ltd is proud of its employee retention rates, with 34% of carers remaining with the company for 6 years or longer and 31% of carers having reached 3 years of service. Indeed 13 of our carers have been with the company since it commenced trading 12 years ago. Some initiatives undertaken by the company to support staff retention include:
- Offering One4All vouchers to all staff who successfully complete probation
- Life insurance for all staff with death in service benefit offering 4 times salary
- Fortnightly payroll
- Created career progression paths and training paths for all staff
- Carer of the Month award now receives a trophy, One4all vouchers and car valet
- Staff affinity clubs with discounts in local retailers including Kerrigan’s Butchers , Tuttles Phone Providers, 3 Ireland, 24hour Mechanics, CarEvolution Valets, Staff saving club used by 95% of staff
- Staff feedback forum
- Points system that rewards hours work, attendance , cover work taken and overall performance as a carer
- Job sharing scheme set up and offered to all new and existing carers to help with work life balance
- Attractive pension schemes for all staff
The company actively tracks employee sentiment, with our May 2018 survey having a 100% response rate and showing 95% staff satisfaction.
- Dublin 5 (Raheny, Artane and surrounding Area)
- Dublin 7
- Dublin 8
- Dublin 9 (Ballymun and Surrounding Areas)
- Dublin 11 (Finglas and Surrounding Areas)
- Dublin 13 (Donaghmede and Surrounding Areas)
- Dublin 17 (Coolock, Darndale , Surrounding Areas)
- Co. Dublin (Swords, Lusk, Rush, Skerries, Balbriggan)
Bike to Work Scheme
Company Social Events
Room for Progress
I have recently joined the company and I have to say that I am delighted to work for Sandra Cooney’s home care. The introduction was also very positive friendly and professional managers and office staff and they always keep you updated on any changes with clients. They answer every call I have made to them and they have quickly and efficiently sorted out any queries. The clock in system on the web app is also great. I am able to see all my clients for the whole month which is something that I value a lot. This makes it easier for me to plan my days.
All my clients are located in very close distance from my house and each other. This is excellent for me since I can reduce traveling time/petrol cost significantly which is not something I have experienced in previous home care companies. Working schedule is great because you have an option to choose job sharing with a partner. That works perfectly for me and I have working hours that suits my work life balance. I am also pleased with the way the introduction of new clients works. The manger will bring the carer personally to meet all new clients so you will never be sent to a new client without ever been introduced to them before hand.
Recently I decided to change my career path and become a health care assistant. A lot of companies where mentioned during my HCA course and the pros and cons that go along with them. Sandra Cooney Homecare stood out to me as they only had pros. After a successful interview, I knew that I was going to start my career in the right company.
Starting with a new company can be daunting but the support and mentoring I received from the head office was exceptional. I could ask any amount of questions and they would be answered with honesty and patience. The additional support of the team leaders was invaluable. They mentored me and provided me with a shoulder to lean on when needed.
Being a mother, the ability to choose hours that suit me gives me the opportunity to create a suitable roster which helps bring perfect balance between my work and home life. My clients are all within my area which also means I have no travel expenses. Sandra Cooney Homecare use a Carer management app which I downloaded to my phone. It is so easy to use and navigate through that with a touch of a button I can see my roster months in advance.
The open-door policy at Sandra Cooney Homecare means I can drop into the office without any notice to discuss any concerns I may have, which I find great! When dealing with anyone in this company, from the Managing Director to the administrative staff in the office, you soon learn that they were HCA’s themselves and have the experience behind them to lead you in the right way.
For a free consultation,